Monday, December 14, 2015

The Tea Shoppe, WV

Location: Seneca Center, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Some of my favorite childhood memories are of going to tea shops with my grandmother when we lived in Alabama. We would try on pretty hats and eat cucumber sandwiches while we sipped tea with our pinkies up. 
It's something I've really missed since moving away and now I'm always looking out for good tea houses.


A friend of mine recently introduced me to The Tea Shoppe in the old Seneca glass building in Morgantown, WV. We had tea and desserts there and it was perfection. They have an impressively large selection of teas to choose from and the food and desserts are delicious!



I got Lavender Earl Grey tea which is now my favorite tea ever. The pot of tea and dessert plate comes with a cranberry orange scone served with lemon curd and Devonshire Cream. It's all so fresh and delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Along with that you get an assortment of fresh baked, bite sized desserts of the day.



 It's a lovely tea room with a calming, friendly atmosphere and a really cool gift shop with all your tea junkie needs! ;) It's also the perfect place for a ladies outing or mother-daughter date.
Do you guys have a favorite tea house? Do you guys know of another one to try in the area? Let me know in the comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment